RISE Brands is a wholesale B2B cannabis distribution company, dedicated to revolutionizing the way retail businesses source products for their customers. By leveraging proprietary technologies, industry-leading logistics infrastructure, and deep supply chain relationships, RISE is redefining “cannabis distribution” for the 21st century.
RISE Logistics is seeking a highly motivated, experienced Director of Customer Success. The ideal candidate will have experience building and managing customer service teams in logistics-focused startup environments. In this role you will be building a team focused on customer education, real-time troubleshooting and problem solving, a implementation of scalable business tools.
This management position is based in our Oakland, CA facility, and will be reporting and working with a team across multiple locations in California. This role will require you to wear many hats, and requires comfort with the legal cannabis market.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure RISE Brands provides an industry leading customer service experience, create engaged customers, and facilitate organic growth through excellent customer communication, rapport and inside sales.
- Manage a team focused on onboarding and supporting brands and dispensaries that RISE serves
- Implement scalable processes built around tools like Zendesk
- Prioritize and optimize the team’s workload and execute with a sense of urgency and preciseness.
- Supervise the customer service team, including but not limited to managing KPIs, work efficiency and completing performance evaluations
- Recruit, mentor and develop Account Managers and nurture an environment where associates can excel through encouragement and empowerment
- Promote a professional culture that is both socially responsible, fun and ethical.
- Analyze statistics and compile accurate reports
Required Skills and Experience
- At least 5 years of experience managing customer services teams
- Strong management and customer relations skills
- Proven working experience as a customer service manager
- Comfortable and excited to work in a fast-paced and quickly evolving startup environment
- Logistics background strongly preferred (NVO, Customs Brokerage or Drayage)
- Process oriented, focused on continuous improvement
- Ability to dynamically manage workload allocation of the team
- Awareness of industry trends
- Ability to think strategically and to lead
- Bachelor’s degree, with a focus in Business Administration or related field strongly preferred
- Senior Management in Customer Service: 4 year (Required)
- Logistics Experience (Required)
- Business tool implementation such as Zendesk and CRMs (required)
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive Salary with potential for bonus
- Collaborative team environment
- Career growth opportunities
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- Reimbursement for travel/lodging
- Potential for equity